• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M818 W/M348A2 MO to TX

M818 W/M348A2 Road Trip MO to TX. 08-11JUN19

Good afternoon SSers. I am heading up to MO from San Antonio, TX to pick up an M818 w/M348A2 trailer. I will be leaving SATX in my car on 08JUN and taking 35N up to Oklahoma City, OK where I will pick up a buddy who will be following me back in my car. After that we will take 44E into near Joplin, Mo for the night.

On 09JUN we will head into near Festus, MO to pickup the truck and trailer by around 1300. Once we depart there that afternoon we will take 55S to near Memphis, TN where we will pickup 40W. In Little Rock, AR we will get on 30W until we get to Dallas where will take 35S back to SATX. The trip back will probably take 2 1/2 to 3 days (09-11JUN) so we will stop for the night when needed along the way.

Is the anybody along the way for the return trip that can help if needed, although the truck looks to be in fantastic shape or even meet for chow at some point.

Here is the route:
https://goo.gl/maps/xvAXNRZQm7WNBkpD6

Truck and trailer pictures attached.

Attachments

Last edited:

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice score and I saw that when he posted it. I should have jumped on it but I am gearing down on the OD stuff. Still great deal.

I work in Joplin. Live 15 miles west in Galena, KS. Hollar if you need anything.
Thanks, Much appreciated.
Nice score and I saw that when he posted it. I should have jumped on it but I am gearing down on the OD stuff. Still great deal.
I think I lucked out. I don't get on the site as much as I used to and just happened to glance at it about 30 mins after he posted it. The money stars aligned and I got a great deal.

So far so good. Made it to West Mephis about an hour ago. Truck has been fantastic so far, with the exception of a newly cracked windshield when I got here, oops. Hope to leave tomorrow around 9am and make it to just south of Dallas.

Stan

So day 1 260 miles done, day 2 330 miles done, day 3 380 miles (home) pending. I forget but isn't cruising speed for an m818 50ish mph.

Around 50. Just spent the last 5 hours sourcing a couple of belts. Had one in the engine let go and decided to replace the pair, and if course it was the two I didn't have. Though there was a transmission knock, but may have been the belt coming apart and knocking around the engine. Made it to Hutchins, Tx. So about 255 miles left to home.

cucvmule

collector of stuff
What a test of fortitude. Sure is fun when mileage goes by, but the bugs on the front glass get to be a chore to see through at night. The Quest continues.
:driver:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks