• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M818 W/M348A2 MO to TX

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Was 60 miles from.home going through Austin and got cut off at about 35-40 mph. I had the choice of rear ending him or braking and hitting a wall. Pictures tell the rest.
I hate Austin. Sorry to hear about your misfortune but glad you're safe. You're a better man than I for choosing the wall.

cucvmule

collector of stuff
Wow, I hope your pride is ok as well. I think you chose wisely but the minds of pretend commuters is well at best terrible. With all the distractions that go on when the primary is to be in control at all times while driving.

Of course the emptyhead did not stop? And take the blame for being a dolt. Even when you drive on the defensive some dimwit cuts you off with little time to react.

Sorry for your unfortunate ending to your trip. Now begins your new quest to Name your M818.

Sorry for the lack of updates. Work has been a bear. Got the truck and trailer back to SA on Monday at a pretty good cost from a local wrecker company. Insurance company (Gulfway/Travelers) has been fantastic and the truck is not being totaled, so we should he able to start tearing things apart and starting repairs this coming week. I really appreciate all the support. Will have pics of all the damage (little more extensive than I was able to see that night) and repairs as well go along.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glad to hear that the truck will continue to live! I do not hold insurance companies in high regard and it is nice when they give you what you paid for.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Finally got her back on the road. Replaced the busted axle parts and after a fun filled test drive ended up having to replace the steering control assembly as well. Look forward to getting her cleaned up and to some shows.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks