• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ibis Tek light bars

riderdan

I'm thinking about buying one of the Ibis Tek light bars with IR and HID lamps in it for my truck. In looking that the pictures on the evil auction site, I see that there's a five pin connector in the unit. Anyone have a pinout for this or know where I can get more info? Ibis Tek sells a "control box" for these, but I don't really want to pay the four-figures that Uncle Sugar coughs up for each one of those...

Curtisje

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I run one without the control box. There is a power lead and ground and then 3 relays in the light bar. One for the IR lights and one for each pair of HID. I run one toggle, double throw, down is IR, up us all 4 HID, center is off. Easy to wire yourself.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I run one without the control box. There is a power lead and ground and then 3 relays in the light bar. One for the IR lights and one for each pair of HID. I run one toggle, double throw, down is IR, up us all 4 HID, center is off. Easy to wire yourself.
That’s why he asked for a schematic

Curtisje

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That’s why he asked for a schematic
I've never seen the schematic myself, if I had I would post it. It's just 5 wires. Very easy to figure out without a schematic. The big red wire is power to the unit. The black wire is ground. The other three wires power the relays. Hook the big red wire an black wire up and then test the other three to figure out what they turn on. It's that simple.

My experience should be useful. Maybe not as useful as a schematic but useful nonetheless.

riderdan

So the one I’m looking at has a four pin, it turns out... Anyone know if these have the HID ballast in them or if they need to be externally driven?

eObSb3k0.jpg

Last edited:

Curtisje

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't know riderdan but my lightbar is also a 45 inch from a humvee and mine does have the ballast inside. Once I had it hooked up to power it worked. I just opened her up and figured it out. I opened it I removed the connector and spliced into the wiring. Here are 2 pics. Hope this helps.

20190525_113251.jpg

20190525_113301.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks