• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need help troubleshooting brakes

fpchief

On the new to me deuce, it had zero brakes and no fluid in MC. I bled all lines correctly with my power bleeder and tested. Either with truck pressured up or off with no pressure I have to push pedal to floor and then second push gives me full pedal. I re bled and same issue. When they work, they work good. No visible leaks. I can't imagine them being out of adjistment that much either. Any ideas? I don't want to start throwing parts at it. I am leaning towards the airpack but I don't think that would explain the double pump to get brakes.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

davidb56

you stated that either pressured up, or no pressure, assuming you mean air pressure, the brakes go to the floor on the first push, then on the second push, gives you full pedal. That usually is a bad master cylinder, or a leak in the hydraulic side somewhere. are you loosing fluid?

fpchief

you stated that either pressured up, or no pressure, assuming you mean air pressure, the brakes go to the floor on the first push, then on the second push, gives you full pedal. That usually is a bad master cylinder, or a leak in the hydraulic side somewhere. are you loosing fluid?
I can find no leaks and when I opened the MC, I saw fluid. Did not note if it was mostly full.

fpchief

If your brakes are adjusted to loose you can’t get a pedal on the first push check adjustment

Big Tom
Well, maybe I will just go ahead and pull all of the tires off...inspect everything, re-grease bearings, and adjust brakes. All this and I bought this thing to be used as parts!!!!! Ended up being in too good of shape.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks