• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bumper Number/ chalk markings decode challenge

DREDnot

Working on a friends M1078A0 and wondering what unit this was with.

They wouldnt show in a pic, so I macpainted them in but they were legible with close inspection.

Also most curious about the "DON'T RUN" and "FIRC" as we are trying to get it running and driving.

DSCN9367bumper numbers.jpg

DSCN9475.jpg

DREDnot

LOL...yeah. Mainly wondering if It "Don't Run" and we don't know why, or its a warning..."don't run" cause you will damage it further?

DREDnot

Too easy.
1st Medical Brigade
61st Multi-functional Medical Battalion

Out of Ft Hood.
DING! That's where he picked it up from!

Whats the HHD?

I found this googling that unit but not much more...
Headquarters and Headquarters Detachment
61st Medical Battalion

Last edited by a moderator:

yertnamreg

When I got mine it had a similar "Do Not Run" chalked on it, even though there was video of it running in the auction listing. After I got it, I found the engine and transmission were fine and the reason they didn't want it running was because the truck had no brakes.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check it over carefully!

An acquaintance picked up an M931A2 off Ft Hood that had "Do not start" chalked on the drivers door. It had some minor fire damage in the cab. He had it towed down to my place to work on it.
After messing with it for a bit, he couldn't see what the problem might be, so against advice he started it.
It caught fire again.
We had big fire extinguishers.
He no longer had minor fire damage in the cab.

Wishing Drednot better luck! [thumbzup]

Cheers

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks