• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

998 side mount machine gun mount

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
From what I remember...I took the forward area parts off, and cut off the forward mount, and shaved it down a little to slide in MSG mount and drilled hole to match pin.
On rear, I removed the hollow pin, and drilled hole on 249 to match MSG rear pin.
I pinned Forward mount on MSG cradle, and then put 249 on rear mount....lowered 249 until it contacted forward pinned mount i cut off earlier.
Then tach welded it back on.....then flat back paint.
249-1.jpg
249-2.jpg

cruzinz28

I've been working on a similar project like this myself. I draft with AutoCAD for a living so making a fabrication drawing is easy. I have access to a machine shop as well, so my plan is to get a quote here in the near future to fabricate some swing arm mounts. Now, I know mine will not incorporate the latest adjustments like those being used in the field, but if I can re-create a basic first generation one for my display purposes, I would be happy.

I am trying to get my hands on a gun cradle pintle mount setup so I can finish the upper swing arm and get a quote. So far I do have a quote for the pins, and metal to mill the arms and pintle out of.

IMG_6941.jpgIMG_6942.jpg

cruzinz28

Well... I was gonna run five on my truck... (1) A-Pillar, (2) B-Pillar, (1) D-Pillar, (1) Back-up on weapons tray next to 50 Cal
My last truck took 8 years to get it wear it was... and GMV part prices will keep this one a slow build too... BUT that’s the part I love! I have a library of 80+ pictures to reference and the hunt for parts is worse addiction than drugs or drinking.

BLK HMMWV

Well... I was gonna run five on my truck... (1) A-Pillar, (2) B-Pillar, (1) D-Pillar, (1) Back-up on weapons tray next to 50 Cal
My last truck took 8 years to get it wear it was... and GMV part prices will keep this one a slow build too... BUT that’s the part I love! I have a library of 80+ pictures to reference and the hunt for parts is worse addiction than drugs or drinking.

I hear that . I spent a lot of time finding parts over the last 15 years since I got mine. Wife said you get one. Didn't say I couldn't keep changing what it looked like.
You know they made a rear weapons mount for the turret back in the day. bolted up to the bearing at about the 7-8 o-clock position.
I used to have 2 of them seems that they modded it up with a roller blade wheel on the second version. I sold that one off years ago.
Still have the one without the wheel someplace.
It was for the early style bearing and hatch.
Have fun with your project .
BH

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks