• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

998 side mount machine gun mount

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a mount like that, but with the H24 cradle. I do not have the part that bolts to the Humvee to mount it on (or a Humvee :-|)
What do you want measurements of?

Cheers

Attachments

Crapgame

I've bought 3 A&K M240B airsoft guns from Evike Airsoft, retail $560, I catch them on holidays like Christmas, Easter, Memorial Day, Independence Day, etc where they offer a 20-25% off coupon code if you register on their website. So $448 and some holidays they offer free shipping. I did the math, by time you try to find enough suitable demil parts, you have over $700 into demil scrap plus hours on the grinder, pay a welder then apply some sort of finish. https://www.evike.com/products/50809/

The 1995 OIF1 Viking Hammer/Scud Hunt truck is getting only an M240B for the Truck Commander and one at the Delta Pillar for Tailgunner on an extra adjustable HMMWV Driver's Seat assy. The 2002 GMV will have M240Bs on each door and a fourth for the Tailgunner. But I mostly dig the OIF1 trucks where it was more about how much was accomplished by 36 5SFG Operators instead of 4th Infantry Division (Mech), it was more about the men in the trucks vs dragging a HMMWV through the MilSysGroup.com catalog and bolting on every single accessory you can lay your hands on.

Last edited:

WhoMe08721

I have some M249 SAW airsoft gun in the mail that I order from a friend for $100.00 including shipping.I was going to mount them on the side of my m998. When I get back from vacation I was going to fabricate the mounts. I have a small metal fab shop so the mount will cost me nothing but time. So if any one has time to measure there swing arm and can share the dimensions I would really appreciate it thanks.

Crapgame

Do you just want center to center lengths? Some of the earlier/non-MSG mfg swing arms were made from solid round bar at the ends of round tubing. Unless you have a mill to make the dogbone shape.

WhoMe08721

Center to center lengths will work. I do have a mill but it looks like a lot of work to make that dog bone shape. I am thinking I was going to make it something like this. I would rather TIG weld, then mill that dog bone. It would also give me a chance to use my new tubing notcher I got back in march to replace the old one.

Capture.PNG

Crapgame

Longer bottom bone is 12.75" center to center from pintle mount to the hinge pivot center
Shorter top bone is 10.92" center to center from hinge pivot to center of large tripod pintle socket ie M2HB M3 Pintle.
Round dog bone ends are about 3" OD
Center bars are about 1.64" x 1.64" square profile.

I made a Belgian style GPMG Mount for my 1984 Bombardier Command and Recce Iltis using 1.5" OD 0.12" wall seamless tubing.

Attachments

Last edited:

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have some M249 SAW airsoft gun in the mail that I order from a friend for $100.00 including shipping.I was going to mount them on the side of my m998. When I get back from vacation I was going to fabricate the mounts. I have a small metal fab shop so the mount will cost me nothing but time. So if any one has time to measure there swing arm and can share the dimensions I would really appreciate it thanks.
The airsoft 249's don't fit factory made mounts for real M249's.

Wire Fox

The airsoft 249's don't fit factory made mounts for real M249's.
Interesting! I've not attempted it yet, but I've had an airsoft M249 (from A&K-it is worthwhile to note the manufacturer on these, as they don't all have compatible parts) for a while actually intended for use with airsoft that I thought might eventually double duty as a great display piece. The amount of actual parts that fit it well is rather shocking, so I had just assumed that they had the dimensions right for the pintle adapter fitting. I can confirm that you can slap on a real M249 box mag and live links will lock in perfectly to the feed tray.

Do you happen to know what the issue is on the fitment? Might be worthwhile to figure out what needs to be done in order to make one fit.

EDIT: Did find this thread you started, showing off some adapters: https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?16244-M249-Mounts-for-M122-HMMWV

Last edited:

BLK HMMWV

it's mostly pin sizes and spacing between the front and rear pin .
Also the width of the sleeves on the guns the pins go through.
I made mounts and modified some first gen swing arms to fit my airsoft 240's and 249's years ago before the MSG cradle's started coming out.
The hard part was making them so the pistol grip and ammo box's cleared the arm so it could articulate also how to lock it to keep it from bouncing or moving when stowed or un manned.
The old / first gen swing arms didn't have provisions for that like the new ones.
They didn't have 2 pintles sockets either like the new ones and didn't have the knobs to tighten them up to keep them from pivoting.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks