• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Coil springs and tire size question

johnhjohnson2

Hey Guys,

I have a tire starting to bubble on one side and decided it's time to move away from surplus tires to aftermarket. I had planned to upgrade to winch or snow plow springs to allow for 39.5" tires but after measuring it seems like I may already have heavier duty springs. I measured 18.5" on each side of front crossmember (pic shown). Can anyone verify how high their truck sat after making the swap? Also my rims are reentered 12 bolt rims. I had considered moving to 17" aftermarket rims as I don't have a need for bead lock other than I prefer the look. Any real advantage to that other than wider tire selection? Thanks.

IMG_2539.jpgIMG_2541.jpgIMG_2542.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

Action

every hmmwv with the same tire and air pressure will measure the same at the lower control arm near the tire, no matter how high the rest of the vehicle is. What is the measurement from the center of the front crossmember to the ground? preferably taken on smooth pavement. My 12k hmmwv is at 18".

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks