• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep004

argon

Hi guys I just picked up a 004... I needed to change the voltage and noticed that 8 don't have a buss bar under my 12 configuration board.. I have seen it shown 8n a few youtube videos. Cld someone please tell me what it does and if I need it?? Thanks

Guyfang

Staff member
Partner, I am not sure what you are talking about. Are you talking about the voltage reconnection TB6? Perhaps a picture or two?

Last edited:

argon

Hi thanks for the reply! The part I'm talking abt is for the 12 lug connection board. I saw a video that showed a copper bar that connected the upper three lugs to the other lug that isn't part of the 12. It's off to the side of the board. The video showed a guy talking abt how he cut the buss bar to make it single phase 120. I don't have that bar but my unit is working! Thanks.....the bar had 4 holes in it. Brian

Ray70

Hi Brian, I know the bar you are talking about in Sewerzeuk's video's. Unfortunately I don't know enough about the buss bar to know why yours would be missing. Maybe you should look at the TM and see if there is a good explanation so you can determine if you have some odd ball configuration, or did someone remove it for some reason?
What voltage are you getting out of your machine now? 208 or 460? and have you tested it at the lugs to verify to voltages are correct?

argon

That's the video! I'm getting proper voltage... I have tried to find that section in the manual.. hrs and hrs looking for that! Omg the manuals are crazy!! If I knew what the outside lug was it wld answer my question..

argon

Ok, I have the genny set for 400 on the dial. The block is in the upper position. I'm getting 200 out of 1 and 2 and the third is at 198 off the top of my head.. between them I'm at 400.. I'm trying to run a piece of equipment from yr side of the world,, we don't run 400 in the us. Thanks much

Guyfang

Staff member
Ok, I have the genny set for 400 on the dial. (I assume you mean AC volt meter) The block is in the upper position. (I assume you mean the reconfiguration TB) I'm getting 200 out of 1 and 2 and the third is at 198 off the top of my head (I assume you mean L1-N, L2-N and L3-4). between them I'm at 400. (I assume you mean between phases) I'm trying to run a piece of equipment from yr side of the world,, we don't run 400 in the us. Thanks much
Did you reconfigure the set to 240/416? Or someone else? I assume you are running something that needs 380-400 VAC? Three phase? If so, and the TB6 is in the upper position, that should give you "about" what you want, if my assumptions are correct. If you are getting that voltage from the Output terminals, whats the problem? Please take some pictures. Show me where the bonding bar is missing. I find it hard to believe, unless some "hobby electrician" did his own rewiring. Have twice seen someone tear out TB6 and hard wire what he wanted, in El Paso. But he had a screw loose, and wound up destroying the sets.

And yes you do run 380-400 volt equipment in the States. I helped someone not long ago with a saw mill gen set. 380 VAC, 3 Phase. 50 hertz.

Last edited:

PoP PoP

Look on the plate
you took off it will stick to it. The bar is there. The video you refer to is making zig zag dog leg. This pf course is for the 00x series not 80x series. you say you have a 004. The bus bar is stuck to the plate. Simply put look in your hand and you will see it stuck to the plate. To quote MATT VERLEY " It is normal to see the T10, 11, 12, 13 bar rivted on the underside of the board; lots of generators came this way. The bars on the top board are normal and need to be left alone. To cut the bar, most people leave it in place and use a small cutoff wheel in a dremel. I have also seen people remove it completely. It is more difficult when it is located on the back side of the board, but still possible. " https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmF4Awr3uc4

Last edited:

PoP PoP

Look on the plate
you took off it will stick to it. The bar is there. The video you refer to is making zig zag dog leg. This pf course is for the 00x series not 80x series. you say you have a 004. The bus bar is stuck to the plate. Simply put look in your hand and you will see it stuck to the plate. To quote MATT VERLEY " It is normal to see the T10, 11, 12, 13 bar rivted on the underside of the board; lots of generators came this way. The bars on the top board are normal and need to be left alone. To cut the bar, most people leave it in place and use a small cutoff wheel in a dremel. I have also seen people remove it completely. It is more difficult when it is located on the back side of the board, but still possible. e Tried to delete this second post but did not see delete. Any way this is what you are looking for I think.

Last edited:

PoP PoP

I try to read everything possible so that I can qualify the person that I am listening to. Matt is very methodical and I think he knows a lot of stuff. But as I started saying I learn a lot of things by reading the comments that people post to these videos. The more I read the more I learn so that when a scenario plays out I say hey I read that some where then start looking back. This is an example. Sadly I do not know Matt but I could watch him work on these things for days. I am still searching for a good reasonably priced 803. I have my 802 running and running well but I do not think it will run my AC unit 2 friges and 2 freezers plus tv and lights with out load management I am trying to get a 004 now that is up locally for bids, but do not need 15k of power.

Guyfang

Staff member
I have to admit I never saw one riveted to the plate, but don't doubt it at all. In a way, make it simpler for the soldier. Less to fool with.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks