• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air Horn not fitting

Hello--I have recently purchased an air horn that fits onto our air filter housing in my M1009. However, I am having trouble orienting it so that it fits into the engine bay. If it is oriented towards the left front head light, it runs into the heater hose. If I orient it towards the right headlight, it runs into the metal brake lines that come off the master cylinder. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Thanks in advance

Tom Lovinggood

Barrman

Stock NA 6.2 air horn went toward the passenger headlight area. The battery gets in the way on a CUCV. Basically, the stock air filter housing is indexed just right for it. Mainly because it is the same as the air filter housing on the civilian trucks.

cucvrus

OK so we are talking air filter intake muffler and ductwork? Now I think I understand. I was picturing an intake adater like a HMMWV has so you could install a cone type K & N filter.

MarcusOReallyus

I once installed a cellphone in a Ford F350. Guy had a full-blown, genuine, not-kidding train air horn in there. He had installed an air tank under the bed and a small compressor. That thing was LOUD! Fun stuff.

If you are talking about air intakes, you should probably call it that.

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I once installed a cellphone in a Ford F350. Guy had a full-blown, genuine, not-kidding train air horn in there. He had installed an air tank under the bed and a small compressor. That thing was LOUD! Fun stuff.
I had a big-rig single trumpet air horn in my Ford Ranger. I shelled the plastic off a cheap air compressor and wired it to a switch on the dash. The air compressor pumped into a tank thru a check valve with a T fitting to a dual needle pressure gauge. One needle told the tank pressure, the other the compressor output. A manual valve unloaded pressure between the compressor and the check valve. An electric air valve released pressure from the tank to the horn. It was VERY loud. Using the electric air valve allowed me to connect it to the aux circuit of my car alarm- so I could blow the horn remotely (had some devious fun with that).

The truly amazing thing was I mounted a tank, the horn trumpet (went from the firewall to the electric horn-hole in the core support), the compressor, and all the lines without drilling a single hole. I bent brackets out of scrap steel and mounted them under pre-existing bolts.

dmetalmiki

If you are talking about air intakes, you should probably call it that.
...I was all wondering why the 'tooter' wun't fit...then you (With great perception) made me aware the guy was talking air intake.!.
Your comment was just SO apt. (another "I know what I'm on about, so..You Should"!) diction.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks