• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

14.5 up front

holley68

Picked up 3 14.5r20 XL from a guy. He said they wouldn't fit what he got them for. 2 of the 3 look good. One has a good amount of dry rot.

Found a place that would work on split ring rims. Get there, that say they don't have the right tubes and the flap that came with the tire won't work. I understand the tubes, but I thought the flaps worked with anything. One of the workers made a comment the wheel was to small for the tire. I told him from my understanding 11s will work.

Just looking for some feed back guys. And I think I've read mostly all tire post dealing with 14.5. Thanks

Last edited:

holley68

It's a M51A2. 11.00R20 NDT all the way around right now. Picked up 2 G177 11r20, and was hoping to find more and came across these 14.5. After so research on here, seemed like they would mount to my rims. Michelin says 11 in rims are ok. That's what my split rings are?

Last edited:

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
To run them up front you're going to need 5ton combat rims, LMTV rims, or HEMTT rims.

And the bead isn't the same, but it'll seal.

Personally, I'd leave the 14.5's for the M35A3 crowd.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Or a super single 22.5 wheel with a 385 65 22
5 on it. It's a nice wide steer tire. Have plenty on wheels about an hour west of Knoxville

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
................. After so research on here, seemed like they would mount to my rims. Michelin says 11 in rims are ok. That's what my split rings are?
14.5R20 are MPT-type tires and take a special MPT-style 20×11" rim. Your stock rims are 20" but only 7.5" wide. So, too narrow, and also their bead flange is too tall, for the 14.5s.

holley68

Also had a vibration, it was a brrrr........brrrr.....brrrrr..... Only in 5 gear after going for a few minutes. I think with the heat it's more notice able.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks