• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sound insulating the hood - added weight

montaillou

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, I'm putting 2 layers of sound insulation under the hood and after the first layer it's really added a bit of weight to the hood. I'll have to install a handle as it's now a bit harder to lift.

I'm also concerned about the hinges.

Those that have added a hood liner and/or sound insulation, did you make any further mods to the hood or do you think the hinges are fine?

Just for reference the underlay sound insulation is .45lb sq/ft. Fortunately, the hood liner is about half the weight. Total added weight will be around 16lbs.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks