• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Full HMMWV restoration reccomendation

country

Supporting Vendor
Hello and thanks for the help. I have a 2 man 998 that I want restored. I have a slant back that I bought fairly restored, and brought it up quite a bit to original standards. I travel for work and spend enough time away from family that when I am home don't want to be a stranger working out in the garage like I have done for several months. I am looking to ship the 988 out to have it done. Since my slant is bone stock, I would like to do something mildly custom but still HMMWV with the second truck... I would like to change the tranny to the 4l80 at least. Any recs on the best place to ship it? I live very close to Eastern Surplus in PA, but wherever the best place is I can trailer it there. I actually thought about a big diesel swap too but have been told that I would open a can of worms. Of course it might be best just to find one already done and sell my 998 as is, but would like to try to fix it up. Thanks!

Navy Dude

We are right down the street from you and we restore HMMWV's every day of the week- to all levels/requirements.

Call or email and we can offer options

Thanks
Dave

Gamble

Is this the place?
WOW eye candy for me and ready, complete, customized or whatever One
can afford for others.
Yes, didnt know the deets on the guy though. Wow.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks