• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Post up those Point of View hood shots!

msgjd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Heading home after I picked up the truck from the hauler
Going over George Washington bridge
Grinding through the Cross Bronx Expressway
nice. I used to be detoured across that bridge once in awhile a few years ago when hauling asia-bound 40ft containers of hardwood to Port Newark from the Catskill Mountains

Last edited:

Ajax MD

Heading home after I picked up the truck from the hauler
Going over George Washington bridge
Grinding through the Cross Bronx Expressway
You are sick, sick, sick. I can't imagine driving though NYC in my truck. All the horns and hate from being so slow... oh my. You're a tougher man than I.

US6x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was once again requested to display my truck at the Cashmere, WA Memorial Day ceremony and it was my privilege to participate in it. The entrance was quite the experience as the truck idled through in 1st gear while the breeze drifted the wall of flags over my truck...what a feeling

20220530_094237.jpg

20220530_094301.jpg

20220530_100024.jpg

Another Ahab

No PT belts or troop strap? This is how Safety Briefings happen!
Well. You know; the man HAS a point!

Funny story:

- Taking in the St. Patrick's Day Parade in Savannah, GA one year (it is a MAJOR celebration)

- Man standing on top of a Parade Float

- A dog or something ran out onto the parade route

- The driver on the Float (justifiably) locked up his brakes, and the Man on the front of the Float kept going...

- The Float was NOT going fast (walking speed), but it went from walking speed to stopped (real fast)

- That guy did a full flip

- Can't remember how now, but somehow the guy was unhurt. Rattled (for sure). But unhurt.

My Dearly Beloved caught it on camera (by sheer accident), as the guy was in mid-flip. She loves showing people THAT shot. Gives us all a big chuckle every time! Nobody was hurt, so you got to laugh!!!

HDN

60 mph in an open cab “war pig” MTV
That can't possibly count - there's no hood in those pictures :p

Is that one of the air-transportable MTVs with the collapsible cab? I always wondered if I could do that with one of those. Still want to take the top off and put the windshield down on my deuce some day like I've done with my dad's WW2 jeep...

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That can't possibly count - there's no hood in those pictures :p

Is that one of the air-transportable MTVs with the collapsible cab? I always wondered if I could do that with one of those. Still want to take the top off and put the windshield down on my deuce some day like I've done with my dad's WW2 jeep...
EE3B9446-C943-416B-9D41-1CD4AC6A7671.jpeg

msgjd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
- The driver on the Float (justifiably) locked up his brakes, and the Man on the front of the Float kept going...

- The Float was NOT going fast (walking speed), but it went from walking speed to stopped (real fast)

- That guy did a full flip
Learned at an early age to always stand sideways on the hay wagon , with feet spread slightly and always at the ready. Cuz ya never know when that jumpy clutch gets popped or there is a chuckhole , or sudden stop for the next batch of bales ! Yup, had my share of scratches and bruises landing arms-first on that hard ground and sharp hayfield stubble o_O .. Did many parades years later, always warned the riders to stay sideways and ready at all times .. haha so good your wife caught it on camera

Another Ahab

Learned at an early age to always stand sideways on the hay wagon. Yup, had my share of scratches and bruises landing arms-first on that hard ground and sharp hayfield stubble .. Did many parades years later, always warned the riders to stay sideways and ready at all times .. haha so good your wife caught it on camera
Done my share of bushhogging in days long gone, msgjd, and the image of landing on that stiff hayfield stubble just made me wince!!

Ouch, yikes!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks