• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

leak on drain valve on bottom of fuel filter replacement want start

leftydave

Duce half friends... I had a leak on bleeder at bottom of fuel filter... I removed filter canister and the carterage was very bad... got a new one installed it... filled as full of fuel as I could maybe half inch below full... I want crank tried a lot... recharged batteries... have 3/4 tank fuel... have 24 v both ends of fuse... when I turn on power with 1/4 plug out no fuel comes out. Should it flow? I dont hear pump run... l have bad hearing... what is my problem suggestions?

I m not skilled with sight ..it is awkard to find my way around hopefully i can see your responce thks david

dmetalmiki

Firstly, Welcome to the site.
No fuel at the first filter probably means the in tank fuel pump is not running, So check that first by checking the fuse in the top small bolted cover of the pump.
If no joy and it is not running (Check it is getting power). then change it out, or replace it with a good in line truck fuel pump.
Are you planning using the truck?, Or is it just a "something to do" project.
Post up some pictures when you can, and and give us some insight as to where and why you have the truck, And your plans with it.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
One may check the in-tank fuel pump. Is there voltage across the fuse. It is the only fuse in the truck.
Take out the test allen head screw and put in a gauge.
Once you opened up the system it lost suction pressure.
Just go get one of the Bradley Fighting Vehicle pumps and put it in with a new proper under-fuel piece of 16" hose.
You could if you ask real nice maybe get one from an SS member on this site.
I sold my last one for $100.
She will run.

bradely pump in a deuce .jpgfilterpumpjob IMG_0167.jpgfuel pump fuze.jpgIMG_0148.jpgpump fuze.jpgpump lift one each 1400pph at 27VDC.jpg

jasonjc

One may check the in-tank fuel pump. Is there voltage across the fuse. It is the only fuse in the truck.
Take out the test allen head screw and put in a gauge.
Once you opened up the system it lost suction pressure.
Just go get one of the Bradley Fighting Vehicle pumps and put it in with a new proper under-fuel piece of 16" hose.
You could if you ask real nice maybe get one from an SS member on this site.
I sold my last one for $100.
She will run.

View attachment 766378View attachment 766379View attachment 766380View attachment 766381View attachment 766382View attachment 766383
I think that 20amp fuse is a bit too big. I think its more like a 5amp slow blow fuse. Look at the pump it say 4.5amp max. You want a fuse to blow not the pump.

FloridaAKM

If you found one fuel filter that was bad, you need to change them all before you go any further unless they are clean & functional(which I doubt). If your pump is not running & you have power; pull the pump to see if it might run on the bench due to poor connections or it is running & not pumping due to a lost impeller or feed tube. If the pump is dead, follow the guys prior posts about replacing the pump with a parker or equal. Once you get the fuel flowing to the IP, repost here & we can help you more.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If there is a leak at the drain valve, pull it out and clean it, there is probably crap in it from the stuff in the can. It is a mechanical seal, no soft parts, so just open it and spray/blow it out. The leak will let the system bleed back and pull air. A volt meter is your friend for power and ground issues.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks