• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP804-B Phase Question

Dell Edwards

Hey Guys, new here.
Picked up a super clean low hr generator. I needed for hurricane use only. 11 days with no power after Irma. So my question is have any of you guys gone the transformer conversion way to single phase with a 15KVA. It would not be for high load items but I do have an inverter driven Carrier so there is no start up amp draw. The well pumps are the only other large draw. If you have I would like to know what you used and what kind of results you had doing this.
Thanks, good info on here.

Bmxenbrett

Why 15kw? The AC? Usualy the start up is the killer.

I wouldnt go messing with any transformers with such an expensive central AC. Get a window unit for an emergency. There alot cheaper to replace than the first repair on a central AC.

Dell Edwards

Thanks guys, I am an A/C contractor and we have been installing these on a lot of generator back ups and have had no issues so far. The customer is able to use a smaller generator due to no locked rotor amps. I did find someone to swap for a clean low hour 803-a so I won't have to deal with the transformer. Appreciate the in put.

robertsears1

It is my understanding that this is not possible on an 804 (really any MEP 80X series generator) due to the generator cranium design vs the MEP 00X series.

Robert

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks