• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No boat forum?

DREDnot

My buddy just picked up a 2003 11 meter RHIB Spec Ops boat and we are trying to find manuals for it to get it up and running. Twin CAT 3126 450hp jet drives.

[20190522_121240.jpg

DSCN9521.jpg

DSCN9495.jpg

DSCN9518.jpg

1280px-US_Navy_090428-N-4205W-905_A_Special_Warfare_Combatant-Craft_Crewman_(SWCC)_assigned_to_S.jpg

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've been asking for a submarine forum for some time now.

Perhaps boats could be a sub-forum of the sub forum....

Please attach pictures, not link them. Use the paperclip icon with tapatalk.

Last edited:

DREDnot

It's mostly complete....mostly. He got the tanks cleaned out and motors fired up smartly. Found the hose connection to circulate water. Thing has more redundant systems than the moon lander. That's where TMs would come in handy. I'm learning about boats in the Arizona sun on this thing.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Another Ahab

It's mostly complete....mostly. He got the tanks cleaned out and motors fired up smartly. Found the hose connection to circulate water. Thing has more redundant systems than the moon lander.
Redundant is Good. Don't know for sure, but it's a USN thing I believe:

- No pull-overs on the open water where you can "stop" and try and figure out a problem

- Especially during combat, when what you need is a quick fix NOW

The old PT-Boats of WWII were full of redundancies (likely for that reason).

dmetalmiki

That boat must be just a whopping sensation to have and (Chug!) Up the local waterway
I would be a sensation on the local estuary here.

DREDnot

Redundant is Good
Yeah. We are trying to make sense of what we are seeing and following the pipes and wires and valves and guessing using comparative anatomy techniques.
The systems all have a few places that you can bypass/isolate/cross feed/parallel for combat survivability purposes.
Having the TMs would be a big help with this stuff...

DSCN9497.jpg

DSCN9506.jpg

DSCN9507.jpg

DSCN9511.jpg

DSCN9525.jpg

DSCN9526.jpg

DSCN9763.jpg

CMPPhil

Time to go water sking

Hi All

You may have seen this but this is my idea of combining restoring Military Vehicles, fast boats, big diesels, taking a few friends out for a cruise and if you want taking the kids water sking you could do it all at the same time. Wonder how much fuel those engines are burning at full song?

https://youtu.be/W_hWVKepoLU

There is an older thread on this forum about the sound of PT boats, nothing like these though.

Cheers Phil

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks