• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

request pics of grounds associated with Bridge

coachgeo

.....The (ground) connections....: ... Polarity Protection Box (PPB), Ground shunt (next to the PPB), PPB to starter, PPB to PDP (Power Distribution Panel) connections, ....
putting out a request for anyone to shoot pics or drawings that show location of the grounds on actual truck that fall on and near the bridge behind the cab that the Polarity Protection Box/Air Cleaner/Spare Tire attaches... AND most importantly where they go to from there.

Truck working on was mid project from previous owner and had bridge removed and PPB was just sitting there (still wired too). Thus, I've no clue where the grounds from the bridge ended up getting re-installed at. If I know where the OEM ones on bridge originally were... but especially if knew where they continue on to... can then trace from end point back toward bridge and locate them in their re-located spot. Everything electrical seems to work now so might not move these grounds back to bridge... unless bridge appears it would be a more accessible spot once putting the habitat in place.... yet need to know for future troubleshooting where these grounds ended up.

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Ronmar

Coachgeo, I just crawled around my 1079A0 and I don't see any grounds associated with the bridge... The closest I get is the neg battery lead goes from battery box to the shunt and the other side of the shunt goes to the starter neg terminal. The shunt is purposefully isolated from ground where it bolts to the bridge.

From the starter neg terminal, a ground strap jumps across from starter to the drivers frame rail. That is the main ground and return path for all the DC used on the truck besides the starter...

On the passenger side there is a ground strap from alternator chassis to the top of the passenger frame rail. Behind the grill there is a ground strap from passenger frame rail to passenger engine well on the cab. The bolt that holds that strap to the cab goes thru and holds the inner ground strap that runs up to the PDP ground point...

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Swapped one today. 4 terminals. 24v in and out, 12v in and out. The two alternator outputs are on the in terminals along with the battery leads. The outs go to the 12 and 24 volt going into the cab that bolt up to the underside of the power panel.

coachgeo

Not sure if these will help. I was taking general survey pics of my latest project....[img x 4 ]
yeah helps a ton with other parts of rebridging. Anyone got a spare cover for the pump they can part with?

Swapped one today. 4 terminals. 24v in and out, 12v in and out. The two alternator outputs are on the in terminals along with the battery leads. The outs go to the 12 and 24 volt going into the cab that bolt up to the underside of the power panel.
Assume the one you're referring to is the polarity box. Thanks..... that had remained wired and from what you wrote.. appears to be correct. thanks

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks