• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

brake and turn signal lights.

Bill in pa

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi Bill in pa here
Im having some light issues.
My turn signal comes on and stays on, NOT blinking.
I have a good ground at the lights. signal switch and the blinker unit.
I have power to the blinker, so Im thinking its the blinker unit not doing its thing.
Any thoughts or help?

Also have no break lights, I I put a multi meter on my wife steps on the pedal.
I get like 2 volts then goes to 6 maybe 13, 19 23.
Don't come straight up to 24.
I HATE ELECTRIC PROBLEMS>>>
Ive looked at the TM, to me their just about clear as mud.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you checking the voltage at the switch or the bulb socket? For the turn signals, sounds like a turn signal assembly, BUT, grounds can cause stupid things, use a good DVOM and check component to chassis, chassis to body and body/chassis to battery ground. Less than 10 ohms is standard for a good resistance, but as things move and heat up, that number will increase, try and get them to less than 1 ohm

There is a sticky at the top of the Deuce forum that is a wiring diagram, it helps alot!
https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?3843-Peter-Bog-s-CAD-deuce-schematic!

I just had issues with the horn circuit on a MUTT. Grounds were crap, but in the end, I could not get a ground to the button without running an external ground to the column.

dmetalmiki

Have you checked the bulbs?
Because if only one is coming on then it will stay on if the other bulb is blown,
The flasher unit needs resistance to 'Blink'.

Bill in pa

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got it working.
Was a bad brake switch for the brake lights. Must of been shorted out.
Onr terminal actually showed cotinunity to ground.
That should never be if your passing 24 volts into the switch and 24 volts out on a two wire switch.
Cleaned all grounds and signals working also.

Now if I could remember how my horn button goes back together.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks