• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is this a M7 or M17

MuleMac01

Military vehicle collector
Hi guys I'm going to buy this trailer.
I think it's a M7 or M17. Theres no data plate on it.

I only have 2 puctures and it will take time to get more.
Can anyone help identify it.

He says he got it out of barstow in the late 90s
IMG955466.jpgIMG955465.jpg

I think it will make a good trailer to haul a M274 mule.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There were many uses for those such as generator or director. Hole patterns may tell the story. Likely from Holloman NM. A little overkill for a mule but so what.

waayfast

Nice Trailer!
Aggravating that the data plate is missing--seems to be some kind of requirement for old stuff--kinda like on old vehicles "All glass MUST be broken-----------------"

Rant Off!

TM 9-881 is the manual for these- got my copy out and oddly enough it shows the M7 from two different angles and each shows a different tongue style. Typo?? -not sure?? Please post more pics when you get them.

If yours is a M17, that would be cool- that's the trailer for the Quad 50cal. Seems like that model had a concave "dish" on the top inside edge of the sides about center of the trailer to allow clearance for the rotation of the quad?

Manual says it should be 4200lbs to 4500lbs so she's 'ell for stout for hauling a mule. Seems like I remember a photo of a Jeep being hauled in one of these. Electric brakes so you can drag it behind your daily driver.

One thing for sure- you're bound to be the only guy at the show with one of these!

I have one of this type trailer (no data plate of course) and have yet to determine just exactly what model it is. I do have the M7 Generator for it --now if only I had the time----------------

Jim

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A 4' round hole pattern could be for quad mount. Rectangular pattern could be generator. Director would have holes to attach the house.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks