• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

air pack - brake failure m275 reo LD-465 multifuel

johan77

did anybody do a rebuild of the hydrovac brake system used on the reo m35-m275 ? the master cilinder is ok, the vent hole is open, pedal freeplay is ok, pedal return spring is present, filled with silicone brake fluid...still when building up pressure all brakes lock on, when shutting down you hear inside the hydrovac clearly a noise that sounds like when you hold an air hose under water and open it, so i think the problem must be in there, i open one gladhand on the rear so there 's almost no air and than i'm able to move it back and forward but with or without air pressure the brake pedal is super hard (it does brake a bit when pressing the pedal )
I have the older model air pack (the long one) with the brake light switch screwed in on the front, since there's air leaking into the air pack somehow i assume it passes trough the valve in the side of the air pack about halfway (between the cilinder and front end of the pack)

the buzzer is also connected again , and it works just fine, i'm not sure for what you should wear hearing protection in that truck, must be for that little buzzer and it made sense why it was disconnected:???:aua

thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks