• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Seized my engine!

eric67camino

Steel Soldiers Supporter
After an event like that, I imagine that it's going to have to go to the machine shop to be turned anyways, so I would think they could remove it.

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good work diving into the repair! It's easy to decide to put such a repair off until later. I agree, the machine shop will handle the bearing as part of refurbishing the crank, wouldn't worry about it.
BDGR

cwc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The connecting rod is potentially a bigger problem than the crankshaft; how does the big end of the rod look?

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Had an international 345 do something similar. I worked the crank by hand with a file and stone to get it smooth (or close) after peeling the bearing off. I reassembled with new bearing to see if everything else was okay (rings, tranny) and that it would be worth rebuilding. About 15 minutes and I could tell that rod bearing was deteriorating, but I confirmed all else worked. It's a bit extra work but I thought worth the effort. You can make it smooth enough for a short run even in the truck, but the crank needs turned to do it right.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks