• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Turn signal issue

Kalnicky0808

I have a 1971 M35a2. I had the truck out for a parade on Memorial day, everything was fine. I pulled it out of the garage 2 days later, I have no left turn signal or 4-ways. Right turn signal works just fine. When I put the left or 4-ways on, I get a hot wire on the back of the main light switch.

I checked all grounds, no corrosion. checked the grounds on the bulb sockets with a continuity tester--all the way to the ground on the battery. All were good.

Does anyone have a full out wire diagram for the truck with the wire numbers marked? And any other suggestions would be great!

Thank you in advance for all help.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The flasher units are known to go bad. Cheapest bidder. Still $$ to replace each time.
There is a thread on how to build your own with a 24V flasher relay. Did that, never looked back.

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The turn signal switch is easy to open up and clean . I have cleaned several to solve various symptoms. A small piece of sandpaper on the contact surfaces and a little lithium grease goes a long way. It is a good place to start your troubleshooting efforts.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks