• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Completely stumped. Will not cold start and put all new parts on it.

sue

It’s little know fact that if you hook your
glow plugs up backwards it sucks the heat
right out of the Cylinder’s and then you
dont have to have a radiator.

Weller

While we're on the glow plugs topic, I've wondered if there was a numbering protocol or standard reference. For example, I consider the glow plug nearest me on the left side GP1 and on the opposite side GP8.

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
How can you connect up a glow plug backwards? Put it in the cylinder and connect one wire.

Now if you connect up the horn backwards it will suck instead of blow.

CAMO

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Now if you connect up the horn backwards it will suck instead of blow.

CAMO
I'm sure there are a few off color jokes about that I could make in a bar over a beer regarding that statement Milcomm.

I recall somewhere reading about connecting some wires backwards causing some glowplug burnout issue, but today I'm old and pre-Alzheimers and I have forgotten to take my Aricept.

darkostoj

Got the box, temp sensor, and a few other items from Mike @ Black Dog.

Put it all together and now the voltage at the glow plugs starts out at 24v for about 10 seconds, then drops to 4.5v for about another 15-20 seconds and shuts off.

Seems to be working OK 8)

Dock Rocker

Got the box, temp sensor, and a few other items from Mike @ Black Dog.

Put it all together and now the voltage at the glow plugs starts out at 24v for about 10 seconds, then drops to 4.5v for about another 15-20 seconds and shuts off.

Seems to be working OK 8)
But does it crank now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks