• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-531A HZ Frequency Meter

Krafty

I recently acquired a 531A and was able to get it running .... using the TM .... but have run into an issue I can’t find addressed in the TM. The engine appears to be running correctly but on initial start up, the Hertz meter is pegged to the far right and volts and % power are barely registering, even with a load. The low electrical output indication appears correct as the output will barely start a portable fan.
Sometimes (more often than not), the HZ meter will reverse (peg far left) and the volts will simultaneously move to the green and the % power indicates correctly. At this time, the unit has enough power to run a chop saw .... % power initially jumps to 110%+ on start-up of the saw but drops to sub 50% once the saw is running. Again, appears to be operating correctly at this point with the exception of the HZ meter pegged low. Any suggestions?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks