• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Alternator question

319cssb

After having my alternator rebuilt, should it sqeak like that?
https://youtu.be/P1-7Ap69XhY

I have the feeling he just replaced the bearing i could see.
Also asked for a new bushing in the bolt ears. He said i can get them from lowes.
where can i get a new bushing from?

Last edited:

319cssb

No should not sound like that.
Also sounds dry with bearing rumble.
And the rear bearing is not a bushing, i'ts a caged needle bearing.

Complete kits available here through Tow4

https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showt...nator-Rebuild-kits-for-alternator-p-n-1105500

Tom
Thank you for the link.
I was talking about the busing that the bolt to the block goes through. You know, this round pin the back ear of the alternator with the bushing i was talking about, the alternator mount, the front alternator ear with bushing and the bolt.
(passenger side alternator)

cucvrus

Both alternators are the same on OEM vehicles. That bushing in the rear mount is available at an alternator shop. Good Luck. The way the CUCV rattles and Hums you would never hear that squeak at 3K rpm's.

nyoffroad

Well seeing as I'm half deaf I don't hear a squeak but I do hear at least one dry bearing! I'd pull it apart and at minimum grease the bearings and no way would I take it back to the so called mechanic!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks