• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FMTV vs M923 bed cover

sassriverrat

Does anyone know or has anyone ever tried fitting an FMTV bed cover on a M939 series truck? I can't imagine the bows are all that different but I wasn't sure how the canvas cut might differ. Just ideas here. Thanks!

tobyS

I think bows are considerably different and the length is shorter on the FMTV. If I recall correctly, the LMTV is about 12'6" and the 923 is 14'.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 5-ton MTV cover is longer than the M939 cargo beds (almost 15'), so it will be loose and sloppy on a 14' bed.
It is also about 10" taller, so you either make taller sides for your bows, or it just hangs further down the sides of the bed.

The good news is it does fit the Marine Corps ISO bed trucks, M813/M939, in length (the only fitted tarp that does), height comments above still apply.

Cheers

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks