• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need help connecting my Vic3-Lite to my mt-6352/vrc Radio tray for Power

Wire Fox

Fortunately, this is easy!

You need a CX-13468 to connect from that base to your MCS ($50-75 for this cable).

You then need a CX-4720 to go from the radio tray to your batteries. ($Free scrap-$25)

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

Seph

Ok and if i dont have power for the vic3 connecting that way, i guess the power unit is broken right?! My cable are working with an okder 1777 radio tray...

Fortunately, this is easy!

You need a CX-13468 to connect from that base to your MCS ($50-75 for this cable).

You then need a CX-4720 to go from the radio tray to your batteries. ($Free scrap-$25)

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

Wire Fox

Ok and if i dont have power for the vic3 connecting that way, i guess the power unit is broken right?! My cable are working with an okder 1777 radio tray...
Let me re-check something. I feel like there was a note somewhere about the polarity of the cable being critical and different from normal. Will report back soon...

Wire Fox

Looks like the CX-13302 and CX-4720 should wire up the same in the end... The CX-13302 is what came pre-installed in my HMMWV. I'm going to recommend testing things out with a multimeter / voltage meter. Pin A and the shell are tied to ground. Pin B is tied to the positive terminal of the battery. If your cable is good, plug it into the mount and test the output pins of the mount where 86humv shows the power out to the VIC-3. Again, Pin A is going to be ground, Pin B will be positive. That still good? Plug in your CX-13468 and test the MCS-side of the cable. This will reverse from everywhere else: Pin A should be positive, Pin B should be negative. Its been stated that the system is reverse polarity protected, so if anything went wrong somewhere along the way, your MCS should be undamaged. All that good? Then either you have a failure in your MCS, or a cable is slightly damaged to where it shows voltage, but can't actually pass enough current to operate the unit.

Edit: added a picture, for the more visually oriented.

Attachments

Last edited:

Wire Fox

Not sure what you mean by A4J1 and A4J2 (I may just be missing a detail that should be obvious). As to what information I have, it's based off of what I've read on the connectors from prc68.com (A very good resource for mil radio information) and the VIC-3 TM. I don't have anything setup in front of me to be able to confirm or deny the claims made.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks