• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rear mount turbo or 5 ton with nhc 250

Pandawelding

I have read around on the forum and have found plenty of info on turboing the 5 tons with the nhc 250 engine but i have not found any info or anything on anyone else trying to rear mount a turbo behind the cab. I have seen a lot of comments about reworking a bunch of stuff under the hood or having to build a bubble for the hood to clear but it looks to me like a decent alternative would be right behind the cab. I have a 939 wrecker that we replaced the crane with a cargo bed on and there is a nice gap between the bed and the cab and there is wide open access to the exhaust and intake plumbing.looks like it could be done with minimal plumbing fabrication and a few oil lines to me. I know that it wont be as efficient back there and i probably wont be able to run an intercooler but all im looking for is a little extra power for going up hills with a load and that sort of thing. Anyone tried this or know of anyone who has. Anyone have any input on this idea.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Alot of fab work for not much to gain. On a 809 series where the engine bay is small and full of stuff is one thing.

I have an aftercooler and turbo for sale in the classifieds. I also have a radiator/oil cooler/intercooler setup that fits the 939s with minimal modification.

As far as the turbo on a 939 it is easy to do it all under the hood due to the hood height being reasonable. The cross tube clears just fine as well. It would be extra work with no reason for it.

Pic below is a big cam with the HT3B. You are in Florida so you can delete your heater box as well

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks