• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Replacing all fuel lines to M1088 tank questions

Reworked LMTV

Hi Guys,
It is time to replace the fuel lines on my M1088. Was wondering if someone has done this already.

1. Use push on barb connectors?
2. I think I saw someone recommending an inline fuel pump. Anyone do this?
3. Any special hose you recommend? I have seen the push loc brand and some recommend PTFE.

Your thoughts?

Thanks !

coachgeo

Hi Guys,....
2. I think I saw someone recommending an inline fuel pump. Anyone do this?...
IMHO install inline fuel pump as close to tank as possible. This is only a "supplemental pump". thus a non diesel rated pump is even fine for this purpose (half the cost). Put it on a manual switch. Have done this on most every diesel I own. This makes for easy priming, makes for easier tracing of air leaks (with pump on it will leak diesel instead...better yet it will leak UV leak tracer fluid making it real easy to find air leak) but most importantly... if your on a longer trip and start getting an air leak issue, with the fuel pump turned on; to assist the engine's own fuel pump, this can help you get home or at least to better location to do repairs.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
You can take the old ones off and a hose shop can make you some nice new ones. They will have different grades of hose you can pick what you want.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Pushlok parker line is only rated to 180 degrees for liquid. Your fuel temp can get over that with the fuel tank being low. I run 3/4" pushlok line on my 5 ton. The large the line the more power you can give the engine as well. My big cam would pull a 3/8" line down flat on suction when it was pulling for power loaded. Upgrade your line to a little bit larger of you can. The JIC fittings are #10s more than likely and their pipe end opposite is probably a 3/4" which is a #12. If you feel like adding a fuel cooler that would be beneficial for the engine as well. There is one on Ebay for around $100 with 3/4" fittings

Last edited:

CRayGill

$85 for all 3 lines, fitting to fitting.
Iirc, 24", 58" & 88"?
I'll look tonight.
Local hose company.
Took him 10 minutes, 7 of them because I was talking to him. :roll:

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks