• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Will M813 fit in a standard 40‘ shipping container?

Justmic

Hi, I searched the forum but couldn’t find an answer to this question of mine. I want to ship an M813 overseas and would like to know if it will fit a standard container (high cube) if the mirrors are removed or if more has to be done.
Thank you
Michael

FloridaAKM

The hi cube units are a foot taller, so I think the the inside measurements are more like 8ft 9inches. I will go measure mine & report back when it stops raining.

fasttruck

You would have to get a container with an outside width of 102" so the interior would be narrow enough to take a vehicle with a 96" wide body. Does the truck have a winch ? Might have to get a 45' or 53' box. Standard containers are 40' long.

fasttruck

The dimensional data plate shown in post 2 lists the length of a truck without winch as 304" or 25' 3", so even with a winch it should fit in a 40' box. Post 6 should say a 102" wide box is required to have an interior WIDE enough to accommodate a 96" wide load.

Guyfang

Staff member
Over the years, I saw much equipment stuffed into containers. Yep, it fits. Yep, do not be surprised, (or start crying) when you open it back up. If it's a tight fit, it's going to have damage.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks