• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Windshield fold down straps

beehumvee

Hi all!

Looking for the fold down straps that are fixed in the interior footman loops of the windshield, that fix the windshield to the hood when folded. Any idea of where to find them?

Many thanks for your help.

riderdan

I believe they're sewed on (I'm not home to look at my truck at the moment) to the loops at the top of the windshield frame. So you'd just need to acquire the webbing and sew some up.

Wire Fox

Step 1, Open Parts TM (TM 9-2320-280-24P Vol 1).
Step 2, Hit up the Table of Contents, find that the section I need is 225 (Windshield Assembly, Folddown).
Step 3, Identify part in diagram ( 18 )
Step 4, Reference following parts list to determine P/N / NSN. (PN 12338845, NSN 5340-01-185-7024)
Step 5, Search the internet for the part, hoping for the best availability and wonderful prices.

This is one of my favorite vendors with it listed: https://www.hummerpartsguy.com/STRAP-WINDSHIELD-FRAME_p_18343.html
(Listed as must-contact for availability. This is the case for all HMMWV parts. They probably have it and at a fair price, but you'll have to call or email or about it due to AM General restrictions.)
Here's a vendor I've never used: https://hummerpartspro.com/product/amg-12338845-strap-asm-windsheild-hold-down/
Ebay has them for cheap enough, delivered, that you've probably had a lunch this month that was more expensive than a pair of them; however, site rules prohibit me from listing those.

When you do get them, you should just be able to remove the footman loop, slide it on, then reattach the footman loop: no sewing required.

I don't normally break it down to this extent (with some sass laden in there), but I recall that you just recently acquired your HMMWV and you're probably alone in your region regarding HMMWV ownership, so learning the steps on how to look up these parts is really going to be a very great benefit to you!

beehumvee

Friends, thank you very much for your help. Thats right, I am new in the humvee world, ( didnt receive the truck yet, next week I hope) and I am a little bit far from the USA. I really appreciate your explanation wire fox. Thank you. Unfortunately one of the dealer you recomend ask for $85 just for shipping...

But now I already know how to find the parts!

Thank you so much

Regards

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks