• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Several humvee questions.

1973m35a2c

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have several questions regarding my Humvee. 1- I know this may seem like a dumb question but does it take dot 3 or dot 5 brake fluid. 2- has anybody tried to do a bond on a built Humvee, meaning you buy a frame and a body separate and actually build one. 3- my Humvee has the 4 speed transmission but is missing the guts out of the box. Will 1st, 2nd and 3rd still work our will the transmission not work at all. Thank you for your help.

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
1) DOT 5, always
2) I see no reason you can't combine parts to make one truck. Get title/registration on one half, and build it up. Keep your paperwork on all parts sources. Some PD's are not helpful when looking at a vehicle with combinations of parts.
3) "guts out of the box"? Need a bit more info there. I'm no transmission expert though, so won't be able to answer in detail.

BDGR

Wire Fox

Sounds like you mean that there's no transmission computer inside the computer housing (located in the rear-left footwell area). If that's the case, no, you will only have 2nd gear, neutral/park, and reverse. I had asked 86humv a couple months ago about availability of computers. He had a reasonable price on an assembly that includes the proper program chip-and I'd trust his equipment to actual be functional. Send him a PM, letting him know what engine, model, and year of HMMWV it is that you have and he can get you a quote on the right parts.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks