• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1028 vehicle id numbers?

erasedhammer

I have uncovered some of the original painted markings of my cucv, and was wondering if anyone here could decode them. Would be cool to know the history of my truck.

Hard to make out some of the letters on the bumper though.

IMG_20190610_114549.jpgIMG_20190610_114557.jpgIMG_20190610_114620.jpg

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can check the link in my signature block regarding looking up unit history. the right picture, NG1YLJ is the registration number. basically a permanent license plate assigned to the vehicle.

I can't decipher the actual bumper numbers.

erasedhammer

So you are just waiting for the dods system to stop being broke?

I guess I should make some friends down at the motorpool then.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
It also goes back to my time where in dealing with bumper numbers a picture isn't always the best way to tell. Folks should also put down what they see cause it is difficult to tell what the center photo has on it.

Helps to know where you got it. That way if it is direct from the govt, we figure the numbers are original. If you got this from another private citizen, I'd say the B131A is made up. Then again, is it a B 131 triangle???

B 131 Infantry is a IL ARNG unit. But again, not knowing where you got it limits those of us that try and decipher such things.

erasedhammer

It also goes back to my time where in dealing with bumper numbers a picture isn't always the best way to tell. Folks should also put down what they see cause it is difficult to tell what the center photo has on it.

Helps to know where you got it. That way if it is direct from the govt, we figure the numbers are original. If you got this from another private citizen, I'd say the B131A is made up. Then again, is it a B 131 triangle???

B 131 Infantry is a IL ARNG unit. But again, not knowing where you got it limits those of us that try and decipher such things.
Got it from a private seller who said he got it from Fort Meade, MD. Im stationed here now, so I think its cool to have the truck back to its (theoretically) home.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Old 1st US Army home. Hmmm, still could be 131st but, hmmmm.

B 13th of 1st Army doesn't pass the common sense test.

I still kinda think they are not original for the B131.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks