• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Failed trans cooler line, need fitting dimensions

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
84 M934A0 (haha).. std Mt654cr.. from transmission to cooler..

I checked TMs, and I'm not finding info. so far it's 72" overall, 75 PSI operating ,max burst 3000PSI..

I found P/N 12277179 NSN 4720-01-115-2274, but it seems to be for the hose itself.

I have someone that's gonna make the hose, but need the fitting size.. it looks to be 1 1/8" flare? is that correct?

Need confirmation, can't bring them the hose, unfortunately, but they are willing to bring one to me...

Thanks!

(I'm in a store's parking lot, and it's gushing out, seems it chafed, inspect your lines!)

EDIT: removed 'help' tag line.

Apparently the shop my friend went to actually makes them for the local army base... so, he had the specs on file...and made me a brand new hose for $50. but I still don't know what it is...

If anyone else knows, please post it up... Thanks!

Please check the routing of your lines. My lack of paying attention to detail cost me half a day, a friend of mine half a day, and a good $100 in fuel and parts..

Last edited:

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
I looked around for some pitchers for you

I have been wrong before, one time on a Tuesday, but this is what I found..........

M939 Military 5-ton Truck Oil Hose Assembly 12277179 NOS 72 inch
NSN 4720-01-115-2274

part target just lists that assembly but you need a pitcher I guess
There is lots of them for sale on that auction site for like $28+7 but you having it made.
Does this help?

his hose for 5 ton A .jpg

his hose for 5 ton B.jpg

His hose for 5 ton C .jpg

Maybe see pitchers and it can guide you, It is a 5 ton?
What I found has two different flavor ends as per this picture

part #24 __4720-01-115-2274.jpg

pipe tube ; elbow tube IMG_2079.jpg

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Its 3/4" 3000psi cotton jacket hydraulic hose at 75in with #12 Female JIC fittings on each end.

You can not use the parker pushlok line and pushlok fittings. It is rated to 185 degrees and your trans temp runs well over that

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks