• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35 Turbocharger

montaillou

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not anything that you would notice. I think I read that the D turbo adds 2 more h.p. and brings it to 129 h.p. However I wonder how much horse these trucks have lost over the years. The turbo was added for emissions.

Performance is not really something that belongs in any sentence with these trucks.

If you want your truck to be ear-splittingly loud, get a C, if you want to work and quieting it, get a D. Note, a D is not enough, just one of the steps.

sandcobra164

I have a 5 ton now (M923 N/A) but my observations are valid from when I had a Deuce. Research will tell you that a D Turbo is better than a C Turbo if you look at cfm numbers and mapping numbers. My Deuce had a D and I put a C on it. Seat of the pants feel, no difference, C is louder and whistles. Real world driving, no difference loaded or not. The multi was designed to burn any petroleum based fuel and nobody had performance above 134 hp in consideration. The N/A's make the same power but smoke more due to lack of air. I miss my Deuce but cruising at 60 mph without sounding like the big end of a connecting rod coming loose is nice.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I put a brand new "D" on my LDS and it easily boosts to 15psi if I don't pay attention. It still "whistles" but in the quiet and subdued manner of any modern turbo. I have a muffler and you can still hear it spool up. I figured, the higher hp LDS needs a capable turbo. The original Schwitzer turbo on the LDS, although much bigger, sits between the "C" and the "D" as far as cfm/mapping goes. I agree, the only question is "turbo" or "no turbo"; the rest seems to be mostly academic and personal preference.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks