• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

shipping suggestions sought, gen set Little Rock, AR to Lynchburg, VA

Sgt Jiggins

Potato Peeler
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello All,

I'd like to ship a trailer-mounted MEP-802a about 850 miles. The unit itself is in decent shape and able to be moved easily (tires are inflated and roll - don't know anything about trailer brakes yet though).

If anybody has any experience with this situation and/or recommendations on a shipper, I'm all ears.

Regards,
SJ/JD

Last edited:

kavesman1

Well, i just had a 2008 Chevy C4500 transit bus delivered from Marietta Ga to my home. I used the Veritread sit through GP....but you can set up an account separately on their site. Then you can list your load for a certain amount of time to get bids on the transport from different transport companies.Its also similar with the Ushipit website. Expect to pay roughly $2.00+ a mile for the transport since its not a vehicle.

Dock Rocker

From where to where are you trying to ship it? The Steel Soldier express has moved quite a few things over the years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You are going to pay through the nose because its on wheels, no getting around it. Uship is a joke for getting GOOD quotes. I have routinely found that the prices are either absurdly low (and they will not honor) or extremely high with no rationale. I use uship for genset shipping only, not trailers... ends up UPS freight is the least expensive through their service (versus the bid system I railed about a sentence back). Good luck all the same.

Ray70

I'm also not a big fan of U-ship. It works, but have found some sneaky shippers who will send you a question then once you give a reply they can email you a quote directly, that way the competition does not see their quote so previous bidders don't go any lower. And it winds up being cheaper to just use a freight carrier ( for palletized items) anyway.
I recently used Freight Quote and was very pleased. Got a good quote on-line, then my "Agent" emailed to introduce himself and was very helpful. His actual quote ( through ABF ) was actually about $50 less than the original on-line quote.
However, like LITD said, being on the trailer is going to cause a problem shipping with any LTL Freight Co. This might be an instance where U-ship may help you find a private guy that will take it, just be careful.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Post it up on the transportation needs subforum. You may find someone going your way.

This is exactly the kind of thing that makes trips work out for me.

Between your trailered genset and bikeman's Tahoe maybe something will line up for someone and it'll get everyone's needs met.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks