• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

remove run flats bead locks ect

JMP308

I have the 24bolt military rims bias ply tires, with run flats installed , can I remove the run flats bead locks , and just use the tires only without issues?, thanks,---- want to save weight , and make tires easy to change for an old man

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You still need some type of bead lock, the 16.5 inch tire/rim aren't designed to run without it. Not safe to do.

You can do a google search to find replacement bead locks, someone out there cuts them out of PVC pipe.

Lionel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Without the runflat and no spare, my friend would have never made the 100 miles he ran on this flat tire.
0426190759e.jpg

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh, and if you have 24 bolt rims you should have radial tires, not bias ply. Bias ply were on the 8 bolt rims, and ran low pressure, around 20 to 25psi. 12 and 24 bolt rims run radials, and can be either 50 (12 bolt) or 65 (24 bolt) PSI depending on the actual tire installed on them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks