• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Member in Colorado

Atmus

Hello, I've been reading a bunch of threads on here the past few months. I'm mostly interested in the M900 series 5 ton trucks, as Ihave an idea for an overlander type vehicle based off of one. I'm still trying to figure out how the whole "Must be removed in X days or be charged for storage" squares up with the EUC's taking weeks/months to clear works out, but I'm sure I have that settled by the time it matters.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from Kentucky. Your load out date starts after the EUC clears and you are notified. Good luck.

tommys2patrick

Howdy and welcome from Northern Colorado. Let us know how things go with your pick-up/EUC. Be interested as well regarding your Colorado Title process and results. Lots of things have been changing in that area.

mann650

Welcome from Arvada. I too am interested in how the title process will go for you. SB19-054 passed and classifies military vehicles as off-road only except for those that are valued for historical purposes. There is no guidance in the bill about how to decide if something is off-road or historical. I hate for you to be the guinea pig but keep us posted.

Atmus

Thanks for the welcome guys.

And also for the heads up about the registration issue. I was completely unaware of it, but I'm not surprised. Things getting defacto banned right before I get into it is kind of a running theme in life.

I can see a few ways around it, but they all add a few layers of complications. I'm glad I hadn't put any bids in yet, as I have a lot of thinking to do now.

mann650

It's either good or bad for us. The original proposal (or how it was represented at least) was to eliminate the requirement for those of us in the Air-Care areas to have to do emissions. Somewhere along the way someone got mad about newer military vehicles and wanted them to be off-road only. Those two ideas got rolled into this one bill. So either some of us in the state have gotten some reduced paperwork and hassles, or everyone in the state with military vehicles just got them turned into giant atv's. Time will tell. I'm hoping that I don't get a letter on July 4th stating that I need to turn in my title, that would be a big kick to my freedom.

Atmus

I would think that they would all be grandfathered in, but who knows any more.

My three options are A: Title it out of state to a vehicular trust. B: Do a quick and sloppy 'conversion' to a motorhome and have it titled as such. C: Get a school bus (or really, anything with a VIN on body instead of frame) and mount the body onto the m9whatever's frame, thus giving me an admittedly pretty rad school bus/F350/etc.

DirtDiver12

New member here. I really appreciate all the sharing of knowledge as this will hopefully save me some headaches. EUC paperwork in process for a month now so a while to go I imagine. I too will keep this group updated for a northern Colorado registration. If not possible or expensive I will try using my Alaska address. 2003 MTVR oshkosh mk23. Thanks again.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks