• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Window and door latch problems

gbww

I learned that when you take out the stock plastic door panel out of an M1088, and replace it with a nicely upholstered and fabricated panel, that the window crank and the door handle no longer will reach the splines....****!

Anyone have any fixes for this problem? Anyone else make this discovery accidentally?

All help and sarcastic comments are welcome!

Thanks,

Dan

gbww

Thanks, I get that is the easy answer somehow:-D, but mostly looking for someone who has run into this problem!

gbww

I changed the link. I think that should work. Wouldn't work from my phone, had to use an actual computer.

Blairg

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Considering that both the door handles and window lift cranks were the cheapest that could be sourced it appears, my plan is to look to the Hot Rod community for custom handles. Also was interested in looking at electric window kits to see if any would work on the lmtv. I already bought new exterior handles that need to be installed.

Blair

I learned that when you take out the stock plastic door panel out of an M1088, and replace it with a nicely upholstered and fabricated panel, that the window crank and the door handle no longer will reach the splines....****!

Anyone have any fixes for this problem? Anyone else make this discovery accidentally?

All help and sarcastic comments are welcome!

Thanks,

Dan

coachgeo

Considering that both the door handles and window lift cranks were the cheapest that could be sourced it appears, my plan is to look to the Hot Rod community for custom handles. Also was interested in looking at electric window kits to see if any would work on the lmtv. I already bought new exterior handles that need to be installed.

Blair
Folk have already successfully installed aftermarket electric windows on these trucks. Believe there is threads in here on this topic a search should find. Hope you find some extensions... intend to add electric windows but am looking to hack the units and add a physical crank nub as well in case the unit fails so what you find could help this hack. Please keep us posted

Power windows mention in a thread
https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?170338-LMTV-Switch-Sense-power-tap

power windows video LMTV
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=6lDtH-XNmb4

Last edited:

gbww

Attempt #1 full fail!

Ordered window crank extensions made by strybuc.
They are half the size needed.
They are a spline with both male and female sides.

On to the next plan....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks