• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mep002a

Guyfang

Staff member
Then try this. Start the set and put it on a small load. When it kicks off, try and re excite the set by placing the S1 start switch in the start position for 2-3 seconds. See if it starts making power again.

also. Have you tried BOTH of the AC volt regs?

rpjuneau

I only know of one ac voltage regulator inside the main control console. where is the other located. also have tried to field excite by holding start position for 2-3 seconds. no luck

Chainbreaker

I only know of one ac voltage regulator inside the main control console. where is the other located. also have tried to field excite by holding start position for 2-3 seconds. no luck
I think Guy means replacing the Lakeland one by swapping back in the other one you took out. If it behaves the same with either AC reg board it would be very unlikely that both AC volt regs would contribute to the exact same issue.

Also, are you saying that you have attempted re-exciting it "after" AC drops out without shutting down by moving S1 to Start while its still running (there is a centrifical lock out while running so it doesn't re-engage starter) and you are saying it didn't help restore AC output?

Last edited:

rpjuneau

I tried to re excite the field Friday afternoon. Using the S1 switch by holding in start position, no luck. I will try changing out the new board, and putting back in the old board for the ac voltage regulator.

Philratcliffe

I tried to re excite the field Friday afternoon. Using the S1 switch by holding in start position, no luck. I will try changing out the new board, and putting back in the old board for the ac voltage regulator.
I’ve had my 002s stop making power I am 30 mts from the ocean I have a hotel here. The first stator failed. It also cooked a couple of diodes in the bridge rectifier. I had the stator rewound replaced the diodes amd then worked fine again. It’s happened to all three of my 002s. Just remove the front stator only held on with 8 bolts.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks