• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Does the 3116 have a CDR valve?

coachgeo

thanks for the push to learn something new today....
What is a CDR said:

Crankcase Depression Regulator Valve
or CDR Valve / Diesels. This valve is similar in function to a PCV valve in a gas engine. On a diesel, the CDR valve regulates the amount of pressure or blowby from the crankcase back to the intake thru the turbo.

Last edited:

DREDnot

DSCN9274.jpg

I believe that the crankcase fumes are handled by the thing on top of the secondary fuel filter housing. Not sure how though. I'd like to see how it functions.

Ronmar

Not much to it. The filter base bolts to the side of the head over a port that connects in where the pushrods rise from lower block/camshaft. The filter base is hollow and the blowby gasses pass thru it up into the cap and hose and exit thru the hose. You can see these parts on pages 22-1 and 33-1 in the 24P manual...

DREDnot

Huh...looked them up.
Odd combination of functions, but basically a rain hat for a hole in the block. For some reason it looks more involved than it is.

Ronmar

Not according to the parts breakdown. Gasket where it connects to the head and o-ring where the top cap connects to the filter base...

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
View attachment 767708

I believe that the crankcase fumes are handled by the thing on top of the secondary fuel filter housing. Not sure how though. I'd like to see how it functions.
Is that a picture of your truck? That large breather hose on mine runs straight down the block (inside the frame rail), not out past the shock tower like that. It looks like yours is being crimped by the cab.

DREDnot

Yes, that's how I found it, but I believe you are correct. I'm gonna tuck it back in.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Ronmar

I rerouted mine outside the frame, but ran it behind the shock mount, cab doesn't touch it... Was a pain to clean the wire/hose bundle inside the frame rail and starter. Those should stay much cleaner now...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks