• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brake booster vent line question

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My brake booster was changed from long style to short style and when this was done there is a small vent tube coming out of the top of the brake cap. It goes into a larger line that goes up to the air pressure regulator but the line was crimped and not connected to anything. Is the fuel tank vent in the same line? And where should it connect. Reason I'm asking is the brakes started working better when crimp on line was sealed but now engine is dying first at startup and later when engine warms up. Starts right back up but loses power and dies. Any connections between the two?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
And should that line be connected to the air governor, not air pressure regulator, sorry about my terminology.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Yes that should be the vent line for the brakes and fuel tank. No it should not be crimped. Is it going to the air compressor governor or is it just hooked by the air filter? A pic would help a lot. They are supposed to have a vent cap like the trans and transfer case have.

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes that should be the vent line for the brakes and fuel tank. No it should not be crimped. Is it going to the air compressor governor or is it just hooked by the air filter? A pic would help a lot. They are supposed to have a vent cap like the trans and transfer case have.
This is the end of line coming out of brake booster that the fluid cap is vented into. When looking at the fuel vent line looks like it is on the passenger side of the air governor in this pic they are not in same line. But my engine didn't start to cut out untill this line was crimped. It was crimped due to a little brake fluid coming out of it and air leaking out whenever brakes where applied. Also I noticed when fuel pump is shut off I hear fuel running into tank from return line, if that says anything. Have changed fuel filters an gaskets.?IMG_20190614_084820164.jpg

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is where that line comes out of booster. And second pic fuel vent line to pass side of governor on top brake line that's crimped on bottom
IMG_20190614_090911443.jpg IMG_20190614_090931759.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Opened it back up now I get pressurized brake fluid sprayinging out after brake is pressed.

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok so brakes had nothing to do with fuel system was hoping for easy fix.

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I do have air in the line here and have changed Farrel on pump right there but air won't go away. No leaking anymore.IMG_20190614_100058651.jpg

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
brake venting 1.jpg

brake venting 2.jpg

brake vents brakes + fuel tank.jpg

Master cylinder must be vented to somewhere, even right at the cap even. I vented mine to the dashboard, but that is another story. If it is NOT vented then that MC will fail in short order.
and..Yes the vent for the MC WAS tyed into the vent for the fuel system by original design on M35A2.

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
View attachment 767763

View attachment 767764

View attachment 767765

Master cylinder must be vented to somewhere, even right at the cap even. I vented mine to the dashboard, but that is another story. If it is NOT vented then that MC will fail in short order.
and..Yes the vent for the MC WAS tyed into the vent for the fuel system by original design on M35A2.
This helps a great deal thank you. Now I have to track down my fuel line air leak. When I rev up engine I start to notice little bubbles out of top of some injectors sometimes and then it all accumulates at end of line. HereIMG_20190614_100058651.jpg

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This helps a great deal thank you. Now I have to track down my fuel line air leak. When I rev up engine I start to notice little bubbles out of top of some injectors sometimes and then it all accumulates at end of line. HereView attachment 767766

The injector return line just seem to do that but it is not a problem if the truck is running fine and all injectors popping and sounding the same. One would thing that when they say injector return it should be moving fuel all the time and one would never see any air. Not always true. I believe you fine so on to the next fix.
If you watch when they pop test an injector nothing comes out the top or return.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry about the black lettering messed up on the thread and I cut and pasted it.
As for the injector return line if you look at the way it runs into the overflow valve that can go from 30 psi to 70 psi fuel pressure. The injector returns have no pressure to push that air out with the 30/70 pushing fuel up the return line so it seems like the air just sits there. As I said believe your ok.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks