• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transmission removal with or without trans case

87m998

My question is which works better remove the trans and xfer case as one or split them? Seems to be alot of weight to balance on a trans jack if not splitting them. My concern is since I have to remove the trans mount with the xfer case if I split them the strain on the engine mounts when I pull the xfer case. thanks

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Either way. Depends on your Jack and what you are comfortable with. I'm quick at it so I split em

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You will need to support the engine during removal of the trans and Tcase.
if using a trans jack, you should have a chain or strap, that will keep everything from falling off the jack.
ive done these many times, AFAIK, one is not better or worse then the other...whatever your comfortable with.

Crapgame

Do you have to drain the transmission before you unbolt it from the engine? What about draining the transfer before removing it from the transmission? I need to make room in my garage for hurricane season and the 6.5l GEP-T is taking up the most space. I want to put the 6.5l on an engine stand with the 4L80E and 242 on the deck under it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks