• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV M1028 registration in CA

ALTOcal

Hello,

I'm hoping someone else has had recent success registering a CUCV in the state of CA. I was at my AAA office doing the VIN verification and we could not find the US Federal Certification Sticker. I read a little more and I don't think CUCVs have those stickers ever. I was referred to the CHP for further verification. I'm think ing I want to avoid this step, but maybe it's not a big deal. I did see the form has the option for "Door replaced". Is that a legitimate loophole? Or is that just another way to refer me to the CHP?

Another option might be a sketchy car registration booth that's a little less strignent. Any thoughts?

Has anyone been to the CHP with a CUCV?

flyfishtrailer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello,

I'm hoping someone else has had recent success registering a CUCV in the state of CA. I was at my AAA office doing the VIN verification and we could not find the US Federal Certification Sticker. I read a little more and I don't think CUCVs have those stickers ever. I was referred to the CHP for further verification. I'm think ing I want to avoid this step, but maybe it's not a big deal. I did see the form has the option for "Door replaced". Is that a legitimate loophole? Or is that just another way to refer me to the CHP?

Another option might be a sketchy car registration booth that's a little less strignent. Any thoughts?

Has anyone been to the CHP with a CUCV?
Did you complete the registration in California? I just bought one and will be trying to register it soon and would love any information that may be helpful from your experience. Thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks