• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help identify British MV’s

MDSA

My son is stationed in England with the Air Force. Twice now his base has opened up for an informal vehicle show. This morning there were several MV’s: a Humvee and several British MV’s, besides many antique civilian cars. And there was a Mustang. I figure an Airman had it shipped over when he got stationed in England.

I recognize the Ferret, a Land Rover, and what looks like a British Mighty Mite. One might be a CJ6 ambulance? But I’m not sure. And the Dodges intrigue me. Were they surplussed out in England? But the chrome on the Dodges doesn’t fit a former MV.

Anybody out there an authority on British MV’s?

Attachments

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Austin Champ between Land Rover and Humvee. Rolls Royce B40 engine. Green box thing (6x6) may be a Supercat?

Last edited:

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 6x6 is a Mowag Duro. As stated above, the Mite-type vehicle is an Austin Champ. I have one, at least one other SS member, Mkcoen has one. Standard British Army Land Rover ambulance next to the Duro.

Cheers

tacr2man

The 6x6 is as mentioned above a Duro 11 Mobile command communications vehicle . The part with all the louvers is an aircon unit to keep all the coms cool when locked down . Cummins engine , allison trans
The landrover is a 130 "Pulse" ambulance . Then you have a Champ with rolls b40 engine , Then a Mk1 Ferret scout car with rolls B60 engine .

dmetalmiki

My son is stationed in England with the Air Force. Twice now his base has opened up for an informal vehicle show. This morning there were several MV’s: a Humvee and several British MV’s, besides many antique civilian cars. And there was a Mustang. I figure an Airman had it shipped over when he got stationed in England.

I recognize the Ferret, a Land Rover, and what looks like a British Mighty Mite. One might be a CJ6 ambulance? But I’m not sure. And the Dodges intrigue me. Were they surplussed out in England? But the chrome on the Dodges doesn’t fit a former MV.

Anybody out there an authority on British MV’s?
They are all enthusiast ex military stuff except the "Day Van", probably a member of the displaying club?.
Any other info on British stuff, Just ask, (After all I AM an 'Expert' F....know it all' ( So I'm told..)) !.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks