Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: M116A3 Fix-up & Conversion Thread

Colonel
    Thanks

One is the rear kickstand. Since I put smaller tires on, it is to long to be useful really! I took it off to see if I could just unscrew the foot all the way & have it machined down a few inches. Apparently, it can't be done... at least by hand. Didn't dig much farther yet.

Second one is a little bit of vibration on the fuel tanks bottom. It hits the rail it's mounted too. Think I can solve this with some rubber grommets or small engine mounts of sorts.

Still need to paint the whole thing. Had to rebuild my trucks rear hub. Delayed me a bit on other projects.

Colonel
    Thanks

Did my first pull long pull with the trailer since I did the work to it & mounted the MEP-802A. Was about 450 miles. Mostly highway. Speeds up to 80 MPH.

At some point, most of the lights stopped working. Guessing it's a ground issue.

At very slow speeds stopping, the brakes seemed to buck a little. Could this be because the trailer is still slightly tilted forward?

New tank worked like a charm! Going to add a better vent to it because it builds up more pressure than I'd like & it causes some of the fitting to leak ever so slightly.

Extremely please with how much less rattling this trailer has over my previous one for the MEP-802A.

Off topic question... is there a cut off to how old a post can be to edit it?

Sergeant Major
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CallMeColt View Post
    At very slow speeds stopping, the brakes seemed to buck a little. Could this be because the trailer is still slightly tilted forward?
    I've been reading back through the forums and researching the brake system, every time the topic of bucking has come up it seems to always be the shock inside the brake actuator assembly.

Colonel
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Coug View Post
    I've been reading back through the forums and researching the brake system, every time the topic of bucking has come up it seems to always be the shock inside the brake actuator assembly.
    I have a brand new one in there. First time towing with it installed.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,347 Times in 1,350 Posts

It’s probably the angle of the trailer in relationship to the tow vehicle.
    1987 M1008A1 (2)
    1986 M1009
    1995 NF2D FloodLight/Kohler-Kubota Generator Set
    1992 M101A2 trailer (2)
    S-280 Shelter

Colonel
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    It’s probably the angle of the trailer in relationship to the tow vehicle.
    I figured this could be it. I want to get the lunette modified & have an adjustable channel welded on so I can lower the ring a bit more. It's close to level but still slightly tilted forward.

Colonel
    Thanks

So, I found the problem with the trailer lights.

I believe when the lightening hit the tree the trailer was parked next to a few weeks back some of the electricity from it went through the trailer & the lights took a beating.

Grounding wire on one was blown off. Fixed it by putting a new end on & drilling a hole, then securing it with a screw.
    69957973_2510432352329208_5157115185340612608_n.jpg

One of the light bulbs is very burnt.

70352759_399037810802818_161600360715124736_n.jpg

Had 1 got set of bulbs. After fixing the ground, I tested both sides & it was good. Glad it wasn't worse!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7