• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

engine type

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can identify the 6.2L engine by looking at the rear of the engine block, between the cylinder heads. Locate the oil pump/tachometer drive mount bolt on the top of the engine. If the bolt is on the left-hand side of the oil pump/tachometer drive, and there’s no turbocharger mount casting in front of the oil pump/tachometer drive, you’ve got a 6.2L engine.

And you can identify the 6.5L detuned engine by looking for the mount bolt on the
right-hand side of the oil pump/tachometer drive. You’ll see the turbocharger mount casting in front of the oil pump/tachometer drive.

stolen from the internet

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If the sticker is still there you can tell by looking at the drivers side valve cover. If it is a 6.2 it will say detriot diesel. If it is a 6.5 it will say General Engine Products. If the white sticker is missing you can look at the front of the engine block right where the passenger side cylinder head mounts. If it is a 6.2 it will say "6.2D" . if not it is a 6.5.

JMP308

thanks for the help

thanks for the info ,I will pass on any info I stumble across, I am an aircraft mechanic with lots of work on recip, and turbine engines ,compressors, gear boxes,bearings, brakes, hydraulics and pneumatics &ect--cant seam to get to work on my hmmwv ,trailer , and diesel Kawasaki ,tooo many honey doos, and yard work maybe in the fall :mrgreen::mad:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks