• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Part numbers for m1028

lady4wd

I'm so lost. I'm seeking part numbers for tie rid ends and front 4 wd ujoints for my m1028, 1987. When a site has a " what vehicle do you have" drop down menu's how do you search? There's no d30. I give up. Does anyone have these part numbers?
Thank you to all who help on here. You keep my truck running pretty well! Thanks!

Last edited:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The part numbers in the parts TM's are GM part numbers easy to cross over. The truck are all based on 1984 k30 's with a J code motor . the electrical system has millitary only parts but most everything else is off the shelf.

Edit;
And if you read through the helpful threads this comes up for a M1009 , but read through the 1st post and it list the Moog numbers for Dana 60 tie rods.
[h=1]M1009 Tie Rod End Replacement Project[/h]

Last edited:

Guyfang

Staff member
Have you downloaded the manuals for your truck? If you need help looking up parts, I am sure someone will help you. But you do need to get informed.

MarcusOReallyus

I'm so lost. I'm seeking part numbers for tie rid ends and front 4 wd ujoints for my m1028, 1987.
Doesn't matter what year it was actually built. It's a 1984. The military didn't want to deal with multiple models in their supply chain, so there is *no variation in parts from year to year. Always look for 1984 parts.

The Wiki spells it out:

The M1028 is a 1984 K30 pickup with a J code 6.2L diesel, TH400 3 speed automatic, and an NP208 transfer case. It is primarily used as a shelter carrier and therefore has heavier rear suspension and mounts for a communications box to be installed in the bed.

The M1028 has a Dana 60 front axle with limited slip and Corporate 14 bolt rear axle with 4.56 gears, Detroit locker.
It's well worth your time to just sit a few moments and read through the Wiki.

The TMs (technical manuals) are all available for free download. If you haven't yet, grab them!

*I have heard rumors that there might be some variation here and there, but start with the assumption that it's an 84.

Last edited:

lady4wd

Thank you guys. I went through that manual but i couldn't figure it out. I think I was over tired every time I had a minute to check it out.

Thank you. Ordering parts now.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When searching for parts use K30 instead. This is the civi counterpart to these trucks. So for example is you were using Rockauto you would use your year, then K30 and a 6.2 diesel. You can then get anything you need that is not military specific with out spending all day searching the manuals and cross referencing the part numbers. This has worked well for me for years.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks