• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone run military Michelin 8.25R16s on a pickup?

my69camaro

I'm looking to up my tire size to something around 35s on stock skinny rims. I've seen on a few toyota and landcrusier forums that people are running military 8.25R16s and that they measure out around 34in. Does anyone have any input on these tires, or know of skinny 35in tires that will fit stock m1008 wheels.

richingalveston

are you talking about NDT tires. That is the only tire I consider military.
I have Michelin xzl's 11x39 that fit the stock 16 inch rims but they don't make these tires anymore.
going to be a problem for me when I wear the two sets I have out.

I think the r16 ndt tires were all made for trailers and not vehicles. work the same on vehicles but I think the only military vehicles that had 16 inch rims were the cucv's except for the antiques.
not sure if any of the new military vehicles have 16 inch rims so tires for the future will be a problem

richingalveston

all of the r16 xzl tires available now are 33 inch tires, may find a few 36 inch. The ones I have are 11 wide x 39 tall.
they are great tires, I wish I could buy another set. I have two new ones and two with 60% tread in my storage for when the set I have now wears out. The four I have on the truck are new and have less than 500 miles on them so they should last a while

what I need is one more Hutchinson beadlock that match the 4 I have. They were the border patrol beadlocks. I need one for my spare tire.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks